An ideal sanitizing agent is high temperature steam.
An Ideal sanitizing agent: Steam.
- approved for food contact surface application.
- has a wide range or scope of activity.
- destroys microorganisms rapidly.
- is stable under all types of conditions.
- is tolerant of a broad range of environmental conditions.
- can dissolve grime and clean.
- H2O has no toxicity and very low corrosivity.
- is inexpensive – just water used in the most optimal way.
- does not leave any chemical residue.
- can penetrate porous objects.
- can work for high or low water activity foods.
- steam is a good agent for even very high microbiological loads
- works against all microorganism even spores.
- works for both gram positive and gram negative microorganisms.
- effective against yeasts, molds, fungi, and viruses.
………………………. more information
- Most nosocomial pathogens can persist on inanimate surfaces – for weeks or even months.
- Steam a powerful cleaning agent? More Steam cleaning studies and resources……