Dry Vapor Steam Cleaner
Dry vapor steam is defined as steam having a moisture content much below 5% by volume, below 0.01% preferably. Dry steam is not to be confused with traditional “steamers” which are used to clean carpets or high volume, high-temperature water pressure washers. Dry vapor steam cleaners are typically used for sanitation, disinfection (always test your application) and other cleaning methods requiring high thermal energy instead of only high kinetic energy.
What is Dry Vapor Steam Used For?
- High-temperature steam of good quality, when used for the proper contact duration, is a known antimicrobial agent.
- Dry vapor steam has a number of specific uses:
- HVAC coil cleaning
- Deodorizing Upholstery (Cars, Mattresses, Furniture)
- Decontaminating Surfaces (Handles, Toilets, Fixtures, Railings)
- General Cleaning (Elevators, Counter-tops, Sinks, Appliances)
- Food Processing Sanitation (Vats, Slicers, Grinders, Tanks)
- Housekeeping (Clean Restrooms Fast, Deodorize/Clean Mattresses, Sheets, Pillows)
- Steam Drying (The low moisture content of dry steam is less than the ambient humidity)
- Nuisance Cleaning (Mold, Mildew, Dander)
MightySteam® offers a number of unique features and advantages compared to existing dry vapor steam cleaners.
Higher Steam Temperatures – Steam temperatures up to 752°F.
Longer Runtimes – Unit delivers ~8 hours on single back-pack.
Industrial Quality Construction – Plastic is excellent, but it isn’t durable. MightySteam® features a rugged, industrial grade construction that can stand up to use and abuse.
No Pressure Operation – MightySteam® does not use pressure to generate high-temperature steam. Therefore no pressure vessel to annually certify. No welds to erode. MightySteam® is steam with high thermal energy and good flow from the nozzle without high-pressure build up in the steam generator.
- Germiest Places in America?
- Is the Resistance to Antibiotics Increasing?
How does one know if the steam may work for an antimicrobial use? One way is by using appropriate biomarkers and steam efficacy with the irreversible color changing steam-strips. These are available by searching for them on the web. Bayzi recommends that an independent source for the biochemical indicators be used. Other ways of ensuring efficacy are by consulting an independent microbiologist to perform tests, or use kits that are described, e.g., in the AOAC literature or other peer-reviewed published literature. Financing Options. The capital equipment can be financed. The consumables are water and electric. Regardless, there is not enough information yet on whether it will help with every specific use/application or microbe. The kill rate by steam is dependent on the bio-load and exposure time, and probably also on the number of spore organisms and the presence of Biofilm(s).
Please read information on this Bayzi website which contains links to published resources.
For more information on how MightySteam® can fulfill your cleaning needs, Contact Us Today.