Use this product for so many types steam applications that require rapid high temperature superheated steam processing – from antimicrobial treatment of dried foods/fruits to shrink wrap with glossy finish.
Some Problems with Existing Standard Hot Air and Pressure-Boiler Steam Machines…now overcome by OAB® Hybrids. Prefer OAB® steam. Just check it out.
Some of the hot-air, vacuum assisted and high pressure boiler steam disadvantages are discussed below. We recommend OAB® steam. Rapid labelling even for filled bottles and for bottles with unusual curvature has never been easier. possibilities of 90% savings in energy and water even with complex bottles. possibilities of high disinfection. Possibilities of improved cotton fibers. Use pure high quality steam. Sanitary Conveyors.
Conventional Hot-Air Systems: Possible Disadvantages are:
- High distortion which could lead melting/burns and to a slower overall process or lower quality.
- Sometimes a reduced shininess of labels is noted in scattering experiments (MHI can do a laser scattering experiment for you to establish shininess for your label), Please contact MHI.
- Higher energy cost and larger footprint
Boiler Steam: Possible Disadvantages
- Residual water inside the labels
- Very high energy use with traditional pressure boilers. Many steps vacuum then pressure. Leads to fatigue and constant certification issues.
- High installation price and often a need for continued certifications.
The OAB® Steam Generator Is now Available for such applications. OAB® steam comes with low capital cost structure and high quality of labels. Please contact MHI.
- High energy efficiency savings are 50- 95% over traditional high-pressure boiler steam. For example, changing from a 80 kW * BHP) boiler to a (4-12) kW OAB® Steam Generator yields a savings in of US $60,000 – $65,000 per year @ $0.10/kWh, assuming continuous operations.
- Cost of changing over could be as small as $1000 per month for a normal 4 year period of purchase amortization. The return on investment is high (please contact MHI for ROI calculations).
- One of the additional benefits is from mix and match bottle sizes without a need to change any set-up. No need to be restricted to one belt-line either.
- Steam piping from boilers can be long and thus lower the efficiency of traditional steam systems. OAB® equipment can be located directly by the label shrinkage machine.
- Contact MHI for easy design steps and shrinkage vs. speed. Installs within a few hours. No certifications. Relocate as desired.
- Enjoy MHI Financing.
- Please request MHI for your ROI calculations and affordable monthly payments or calculate your own savings with high energy efficiency.*
Small Print and Disclaimer:
This return on Investment (ROI) analysis is very approximate. Savings and benefits to user could be more or less than presented above. Calculations shown are meant to be indicative and will vary for specific applications, equipment and use conditions. This is an approximate guide and the template should be modified for customerâ€™s specific use. Interest rates, energy costs, equipment cost and other costs used in the analysis are subject to change at all times. MHI does not guarantee or warrant any specific ROI analysis that a purchaser may use in their decision making process. The responsibility for an accurate rests with the customer.